Analytical Strategist: Career Counseling
Location: New Haven, CT
Job Type: Full Time
InGenius Prep is an education management company with 12 offices in US, China, Canada, and Korea. Due to rapid growth and expansion into market outside of those in which we were initially founded, we’ve faced operational challenges in building and allocating resources across our services. We are in need of an Analytical Strategist, particularly focused on the company’s newest Career Counseling initiatives to help understand and embrace the company’s operation and provide suggestions to fix problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field from an accredited institution. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Thorough knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A team player with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual in Mandarin or Korean is a plus
- Previous experience in education management strongly preferred
- Work closely with the management, marketing, and business development teams in the US and China to develop budget strategy for marketing on client engagements with a focus on career counseling; identify trends in spending and analyze actual-to-budget variance on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Conduct comparable company analyses to evaluate the competitiveness of similar companies in the career counseling industry in terms of financial performance, and develop new solutions or modify current strategy to promote efficiency.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis to identify the best course of action for increasing market share and generating profit from career counseling services; develop and refine strategic plans based on analytical results.
- Provide training to the Company’s general and career counseling operation team and clients to adapt mathematical and financial software, tools, and models.
- Create and implement financial and analytical models to forecast, analyze, and report on global trends, threats, and business issues that could impact InGenius’ overall brand, bottom-line, sales performance, operations efficiencies and pricing optimization, with a particular focus on the specific impacts on its career counseling services.
- Utilize financial analytics to evaluate the effectiveness of new strategic initiatives in career counseling services by tracking financial KPIs to estimate the company’s needs and update projections; communicate the results to management.
- Interface with regional leaders across the globe to inform and drive strategy improvement by identifying problems from fact-based cost analysis, including standard cost analysis, fixed/variable cost analysis, and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Work with accounting and finance team to finalize the company’s current and forecasted overall and specific financial statements, including P&L, Balance Sheets, and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Conduct scenario analysis by establishing flexible experimental models, allowing continuous assessment of opportunities and risks, with a particular focus on career counseling services.
- Analyze potential new initiatives in the career counseling services space by using Discounted Cash Flow model, and make strategic recommendations to the management team.
InGenius Prep (www.inGeniusprep.cn) was founded six years ago by law students at Harvard and Yale. In that time, the company has grown to a team of more than 150 full-time employees, 200 part-time employees, as well as offices in the U.S., China, Canada and Korea.
Our primary focus is assisting students in applying to U.S. Colleges, Graduate schools, and jobs. What distinguishes us from other companies is that our team includes more than 100 former deans, directors, and associate directors of admissions from many of the most selective schools in the country.