Operations Research Analyst
Location: New Haven, CT
Job Type: Full Time
Post Date: 5/6/2018
Job Description and Duties:
The Operations Research Analyst at InGenius will be responsible for: conducting analyses on the company’s operations raw data, including financial data, to identify operational inefficiencies; making strategic recommendations to improve company operations; helping company management make better business decisions based on relevant and available data; and identifying and solving complex problems by using advanced analytical and statistical tools.
The Operations Research Analyst communicates directly with InGenius leadership to stay current on evolving short-term and long-term company goals, and creates and manages the tools that enable the execution of company strategy to better support our diverse group of students. The Operations Research Analyst provides operational support, system and process enhancements, and reporting tools and data analysis. The Operations Research Analyst will also evaluate the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of company procedures in order to ensure peak performance.
This position will report directly to the company’s Director of Finance and Legal.
The Operations Research Analyst will perform the following specific job duties:
- Build global pricing models and determine optimal service contract pricing across service lines
- Simulate the financial impact of proposed addition and removal of service lines and other InGenius cost and revenue drivers
- Collaborate with Director of Finance to solve problems including central database system construction, management, and efficiency improvement
- Support all efforts of problem solving as directed by the management team
- Communicate with the management team to identity and prioritize operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; and evaluating output requirements and formats
- Collect and organize the complex data sets required to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns supporting all aspects of management problem solving
- Construct and report meaningful datasets designed to enable market-entry decisions when analyzing new potential markets
- Use statistical methods and models to identify the trends and distributions of the datasets, helping predict future movement
- Use information from management about planned hiring to analyze the relative cost-benefit of certain positions
- Identify the operational impact of adding and removing certain positions within the organization
- Organize, distill, and present management with reports outlining all proposed courses of action in response to management queries regarding operational parameters, including personnel hiring, market expansion plans, and general strategic financial forecasting and modeling
- Monitor and manage the company’s central database system, providing quality assurance of imported data
- Process confidential and proprietary data and information, applying statistical tests to abstract the central tendency and dispersion of the datasets
- Master all of the company’s internal data tracking models to determine how to reorganize to enhance general operational efficiency
- Leverage updated internal data tracking to identify internal operational inefficiencies and gaps
- Pair internal data with other external data sources to offer the best possible data-driven solutions to organizational challenges
- Collaborate with the management team and the HR director to conduct cost analysis for potential market expansions and company’s different types of employees
- Use statistical techniques like bootstrap sampling to generate synthetic samples from limited data by sampling with replacement from each set of observations
- Must be a diligent worker with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must have a minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent in Operations Research, Mathematics, Analytics, or other related quantitative analytical field such as Economics
- Strong programming, analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience with R, VBA, Python, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical mind that is data savvy with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin is a strong plus
InGenius Prep (www.inGeniusprep.cn)was founded five years ago by law students at Harvard and Yale. In that time, the company has grown to a team of more than 100 full-time employees, 200 part-time employees, as well as offices in the U.S., China, Canada and Korea.
Our primary focus is assisting students in applying to U.S. Colleges and Graduate schools. What distinguishes us from other companies is that our team includes more than 100 former deans, directors, and associate directors of admissions from many of the most selective schools in the country.