Part-Time Career Counselor, China Job Market
We are looking for Part-Time Career Counselors to work with students applying for internships or full-time jobs in your area of expertise. Career Counselors work directly with students, helping them with internship and job applications and personal profiles and preparations. The opportunity for growth in this position will be determined by the counselor’s individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Must be holding a full-time position in your area of expertise
- Must be extremely hard-working
- Must have experience and be comfortable working with students
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from a U.S./UK institution, Masters and/or PhD is optional, but a big bonus
- Must be extremely familiar with the process of finding internships/jobs in China with an overseas degree.
- 1-on-1 counseling with applicants to build their job-hunting profiles and applications
- Meet remotely with students
- Edit resume and cover letters (and other possible materials) and provide feedback to foster students’ independent writing skills
- Provide comprehensive support to students as they prepare their applications
- Generate creative and practical professional experience and projects for student’s professional growth
- Collaborate with a team to support each student’s progress
- Maintain a caseload of anywhere from 0-15 students, depending on your availability
InGenius Prep (www.ingeniusprep.com) was founded seven years ago by law students at Harvard and Yale. In that time, the company has grown to a team of more than 150 full-time employees, 500 part-time employees, as well as offices in the U.S., China, Canada, and Korea.
Our primary focus is assisting students in applying to U.S. Colleges, Graduate schools and looking for internships and full time jobs. What distinguishes us from other companies is that our team includes more than 150 former deans, directors, and associate directors of admissions from many of the most selective schools in the country.
Our company is fast-paced and exciting. We operate as a team, and everyone is given opportunities to advance in the organization. If you are looking for an exciting, intense, and rewarding employment opportunity, this is the place for you!
To Apply: Send your resume and a writing sample (one page minimum) to Lia Heflin, HR and Recruitment Manager, at [email protected]