Part-Time Writing Instructor
We are looking for Part-Time Writing Instructors who will work directly with students in both a one-on-one setting and a group class to teach students the art of academic writing. The Writing Instructor will work with students to help them develop the writing skills they will need to succeed in high school and college: reading and analyzing a text, developing a thesis, making an argument, and providing evidence.
This is a remote position, perfect for someone who is looking to take their experience in teaching and writing instruction, and giving back to a diverse population of talented students from around the world.
- Master’s degree required, PhD highly desired
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience teaching English/Literature/Writing at the college-level
- Must feel comfortable with working remotely and using a variety of telecommunication resources
- Experience working with students from diverse populations
- Scheduling flexibility and willingness to schedule meetings with international students outside regular work times
- Experience in teaching English as a second language is a plus, but not required
- 1-on-1 instruction with students ranging in age from 13 to 18, using curriculum provided by InGenius Prep (sixteen 30-45 minute sessions meeting biweekly for eight weeks with the student)
- Meet remotely with students via Zoom, Google Meet, Skype, or WeChat
- Edit student’s work and provide feedback to foster their independent writing skills
- Lead weekly group classes consisting of maximum 10 students (12 hourly sessions, meeting once per week)
- Collaborate with InGenius Prep counselors to support each student’s progress
InGenius Prep (www.ingeniusprep.com) was founded seven years ago by law students at Harvard and Yale. In that time, the company has grown to a team of more than 150 full-time employees, 300 part-time employees, as well as offices in the U.S., China, Canada and Korea.
Our primary focus is assisting students in applying to U.S. Colleges and Graduate schools. What distinguishes us from other companies is that our team includes more than 100 former deans, directors, and associate directors of admissions from many of the most selective schools in the country.