Scholar Launch Part-Time Advisor - Mobile Application Building
We are searching for creative postgraduate candidates to work as Advisors for motivated high school and college students from around the world who are participating in short-term academic projects.
Advisors work one-on-one with students and Teaching Assistants leading small group courses or one-on-one projects. Through remote video call meetings and written feedback, Advisors will guide students on their individualized projects and studies to help them deepen their knowledge in a chosen academic field.
- Masters and/or PhD degree
- Experience coding/building Android/Apple applications, preferably with Ruby or Ruby on Rails
- Strong communication skills and ability to connect with students and Scholar Launch staff remotely
- Passion for teaching and engaging with high school and college students
- Ability to work remotely via video chat software.
- Teaching experience at college or high school level
- Experience working with international students or English Language Learners
- Experience collaborating with others to accomplish common goals
- Experience working in the private sector
- Work one-on-one with high school students to support them in the completion of their academic or research project
- Work closely with a Teaching Assistant throughout an 8- to 12-week mentorship
- Meet virtually with students over the course of 6 - 8 sessions
About Scholar Launch:
Scholar Launch was founded in 2019 by a cadre of educators and professionals from hundreds of the world’s most esteemed universities, companies, and other centers of learning. We are committed to teaching and mentorship in order to launch the next generation of scholars, leaders, and global citizens into their futures prepared to adapt and flourish.