Senior Counselor: Chinese Graduate Coach
- New Haven, CT
- China: multiple cities
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for Graduate Coaches who will be part of our Senior Counselor team. Graduate Coaches work directly with students, helping them with applications and extracurricular profiles. The opportunity for growth in this position will be determined by the counselor’s individual strengths and weaknesses. Remote work is quite common, depending on the counselor’s level of experience.
- Native fluency in Mandarin.
- Must have Undergrad or Graduate education experience in the US, English or Education major is preferred.
- Must have some experience in: tutoring, teaching, counseling, or writing instruction
- You’re passionate and value education and students.
- You have good communication skills with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Extremely detail oriented and diligent.
- Respect deadlines.
- You’re proactive, trustworthy and have an impeccable work ethic.
- Admissions experience at the undergraduate or graduate level is optional, but a big bonus.
- Must be extremely hard-working and diligent.
- 1-on-1 counseling with students aged 14-17 to build their extra-curricular profiles and applications
- Meet remotely and in person with students
- Generate creative trajectories and projects for students’ extracurricular development
- Edit essays and provide feedback to foster students’ independent writing skills
- Provide comprehensive support to students as they prepare their applications
- Collaborate with a team of up to three counselors to support each student’s progress
- Manage students' progress in different programs related to personal development and college admissions;
- Closely communicate with family, keep parents updated about the progress and deliver parent education;
- Build and maintain trustworthy relationships with families and students;
- Help troubleshoot families’ questions and concerns;
- Work alongside the Education Team to create and implement comprehensive curriculum to be used by our 200+ counselors
InGenius Prep (www.inGeniusprep.cn)was founded five years ago by law students at Harvard and Yale. In that time, the company has grown to a team of more than 100 full-time employees, 200 part-time employees, as well as offices in the U.S., China, Canada and Korea.
Our primary focus is assisting students in applying to U.S. Colleges and Graduate schools. What distinguishes us from other companies is that our team includes more than 100 former deans, directors, and associate directors of admissions from many of the most selective schools in the country.