Senior Counselor: Former Admissions Officer (Boarding/High School)
New Haven CT | Los Angeles, CA | Seoul, Korea | China: multiple cities | Remote
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for Former Admissions Officers from selective boarding schools who will be part of our Senior Counselor team. Former Admissions Officers direct the strategy of student applications, extracurricular profiles, and skill-building. The opportunity for growth in this position will be determined by the counselor’s individual strengths and weaknesses. The ideal candidate will approach the work with a student-centered educational philosophy and have experience advocating for admission for students with selective high schools (including, but not limited to, selective boarding schools).
- Admissions or high-level administration experience at a highly selective boarding school
- Must be a strong writer
- Must be extremely hard-working
- Masters and/or PhD is optional, but a plus factor
- Undergraduate or high school teaching experience is optional, but a plus factor
- Fluency in Korean, Mandarin, or Cantonese is a plus factor
- 1-on-1 counseling with students aged 12-18 to build their extra-curricular profiles and applications
- Meet remotely and in person with students
- Share admissions content expertise to direct the strategy of students’ profiles
- Provide feedback to foster students’ independent writing skills
- Provide comprehensive support to students as they prepare their applications
- Generate creative trajectories and projects for students’ extracurricular development
- Collaborate with a team of up to three counselors to support each student’s progress
- Travel internationally to participate in evaluations of students in the marketing process
- Work alongside the Education Team to create and implement comprehensive curriculum to be used by our 200+ counselors
- Spearhead online classes for our students (eg., developing and teaching group writing classes)
- Manage and train both part-time and full-time counselors
- Optional*: Counselors for this position may have an opportunity to be involved in some business functions as well if so desired.
InGenius Prep (www.inGeniusprep.cn)was founded five years ago by law students at Harvard and Yale. In that time, the company has grown to a team of more than 100 full-time employees, 200 part-time employees, as well as offices in the U.S., China, Canada and Korea.
Our primary focus is assisting students in applying to U.S. Colleges and Graduate schools. What distinguishes us from other companies is that our team includes more than 100 former deans, directors, and associate directors of admissions from many of the most selective schools in the country.
Our company is fast-paced and exciting. We operate as a team, and everyone is given opportunities to advance in the organization. If you are looking for an exciting, intense, and rewarding employment opportunity, this is the place for you!